At Dr. Dagam Neurosurgery, we truly have a culture of humane care. We don’t treat symptoms, we treat people.
Epilepsy is a movement disorder characterized by recurring seizures. These seizures are caused by faulty electrical signals inside the brain. In most cases, medication can eliminate seizures entirely or at least decrease their frequency and intensity. But when medication fails to control seizures, surgery may be necessary. Epileptic seizures can be eliminated or controlled with the appropriate treatment.
Dr. Dagam is known by medical professionals for his expert surgical skill; his patients know him for his empathy, compassion and personality. In the Southeast, Wisconsin area, Dr. Dagam is a leader in epilepsy surgery, performing a variety of procedures designed to identify and treat areas responsible for epileptic seizures:
- Subdural grid placement for cortical stimulation and brain mapping
- Awake brain mapping to determine seizure origin and areas of critical function
- Focused resection for targeted removal of tissue responsible for seizure activity
- Temporal lobectomy to remove tissue responsible for seizures
- Corpus callosotomy to prevent seizure activity from spreading across brain hemispheres
- Vagus nerve stimulation to prevent seizures and help treat depression
- Functional neurosurgery to eliminate seizures when medications fail to control them