Our staff is here to make sure you feel comforted and confident with all of your choices and in our care. We take each stage of surgery very seriously, and try our best to make this a smooth process for you, so here is what you can expect:
- Once your office note has been completed, our surgical scheduler will receive instructions for your surgery. This could be anywhere from 2-5 business days after your appointment. (Unless Dr. Dagam feels your surgery is more urgent, then things will move along much quicker.)
We do ask for your patience during this process.
- Please note, if additional testing is required prior to surgery, (MRI, CT, lab work, etc.) we may not be able to initiate your surgical authorization until the testing reports are completed and reviewed.
- There are several factors that come into play when setting a date for your surgery. These factors include:
- Critical life threatening surgeries will always take precedence
- Scheduling availability of the operating rooms at the hospital, surgery center, and Dr. Dagam’s schedule
- Insurance authorization, which in some cases can take 2-4 weeks based on their review process
- Medical clearance from your primary physician (and/or cardiologist or other specialties as directed by your primary care doctor if necessary)
- We ask that you please see your primary care physician for surgical clearance (in some cases we may have you do your pre-operative testing at the hospital) however – please wait for instructions to do so!
- Please wait for our surgery scheduler to inform you of when to call your primary care doctor to schedule your History & Physical for your surgical clearance.
- Please understand that your pre-operative testing and clearance are VERY important and if not completed in a timely manner your surgery will need to be rescheduled to a later date.
- Our surgery scheduler may schedule you for another appointment with Dr. Dagam or his Physician Assistant, as it is required for us to see you within 30 days of surgery per hospital protocol.
- From this point, if there are any changes to your contact information or insurance, it is VERY important for you to notify us of these changes as this may delay your surgery.
- Please keep in mind, there may be times where your surgery date or time may be changed for reasons out of our control and we ask for your understanding. We apologize ahead of time for any inconvenience this may cause.
“The best in Milwaukee. I’ve had two surgeries due to a work accident, and am very pleased with the outcome. The excellent staff plays a big part in the customer service! Dr. Dagam’s time that he takes with you is what makes him the “go-to” surgeon.”Randy
We listen and we empathize.